Sunday, September 06, 2009

Grasshopper Antigodlin Grass


I didn't get nearly as much done today as I thought I would. I hooked the grass of the hockey field with antigodlin hooking - which is supposed to look haphazard, like rice thrown into a bowl. The second photo is a close-up of the grass - somehow the close-up process changed the color of the wool - the antigodlin hooking looks to me like a swarm of little maggots, but I suppose rice is more appealing. I really like using the antigodlin here, since I'm using the same wool for the grass as I used for the tennis court. The tennis court was hooking in straight rows.


Today, I also added to my supplies for the Rug Hooking Daily rug camps - I went to Walmart and bought a new canner - I actually already have several, but any of them might have a little rust, and only one still has a jar rack and it's very rusty. I discovered at Walmart that they sell replacement jar racks - for a little over six dollars. While I was at Walmart, I checked out the art supplies and found the drawing pencils I couldn't find yesterday. I'm interested in the dyeing projects, but I'm most excited about the sketching. I have tried to draw and sketch forever. When I was teaching school, I could draw recognizable cartoonish things on the chalkboard - which impressed my students because they didn't expect to see dimensions or shading, they were happy with just outline drawings. Somehow during those decades of teaching I developed my scissor skills better than my pencil skills - so I can make cut-outs that look like the picture in my mind, while my drawing just never makes it. I looking forward to improving my pencil skills.

No comments: