Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sauder Village Rug Show 2013

Thursday morning, I suddenly remembered this week is Sauder Village rug show week.  I cancelled my other commitments and made the almost two hour drive to Archbold, Ohio.The rug show was HUGE.  I think there must have been more rugs than any other year.  There were several shows within the show and all were impressive.

 There were vintage shirred rugs, part of a collection that goes with a book that I didn't buy :(
 There were President rugs, a rug for each American President, with an extra display of Presidential dolls - a knitted and needle felted doll for each President.
 There was a set of color challenge rugs:  the gorilla was hooked by April Deconick who was assigned "light" as her challenge.
 Lisanne Miller hooked the forest with dark trees and darker trees.
 This great aurora borealis was hooked in response to the challenge, "green".
 

And so on,,,
Hundreds of rugs and dozens of great people, lots of old and good friends.  Rug shows are great!  and I survived the drive, a good test for my Nova Scotia trip.

No comments: