Sunday, November 28, 2010

Keep Calm and Hook On



LizoftheLake sent me a great website - a site that explains the Keep Calm and Carry On poster. I had heard about the poster, saw one in JoAnn's (although it was all wrong - black letters on white background with no crown), and then received the email from Liz. When the same thing is brought to mind so many times, I wonder if that means I should be considering a rug pattern. The original was printed in case of invasion of the British Isles during World War II - with King Edward's crown on it - but the posters were never used and were destroyed after the war. A British bookseller found a copy and reproduced it for sale. Liz's website allows users to generate their own posters - hence, the hook on above.

http://www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk:80/

1 comment:

Karen said...

I had always wondered the story behind that poster -- the original one -- and like your interpretation too.

I find that no matter what's going on in my life, it's nothing that a little meditative rughooking can't soothe. :)