Thursday, August 07, 2008

Found Rug


I stopped for a quick check of the local consignment shop and couldn't believe my luck - I found the rug in the photo. It's mounted on a piece of plywood. The burlap edges that are usually folded and whipped are just folded over the edges of the plywood. The burlap still has the pattern label showing that it's called Stained Glass Bench 13 x 26 by Jane McGown Flynn. On the back, on the wood, is the inscription, "Love and Blessings Barbara Branch 6/86". Barbara Branch and I used to belong to the ATHA chapter, Heirloom Hookers, in Northville, MI. I think she may now belong to the McGown guild in Dearborn, MI, but I haven't seen her for a few years. I couldn't leave it in a shop where someone who never heard of hooking might buy it, or, worse yet, might not buy it and it might just stay there.

1 comment:

coinguyslady said...

Great find! My hubby bought me one last month for $3.00.I am a hooker too and I have just started a blog.Come look.I have added you to my list.
Vicki
http://thehogscaldholler.blogspot.com/